Aomori Prefectural Central Hospital
Address: 2-1-1 Higashi Tsukurimichi
Aomori City, Aomori Prefecture 030-8553
Tel: 017-726-8111 Fax: 017-726-8325
Supporting the health of the people of Aomori.
Providing patients with state-of-the-art medical services.
Dedicating ourselves to being a patient-oriented and warm-hearted hospital.
1) Providing high-quality and safe medical services
Strive to provide highly advanced and specialized medical care
Place patient safety and comfort first.
2) Respecting the rights of patients
Strive to establish a relationship of mutual trust under the principles of informed consent.
Provide warm reception to all patients and their families.
3) Coordination of medicine, health care, and welfare
Strive to enrich medical care for the people of Aomori by coordinating with related medical institutions and organizations as our role of central medical facility in the prefecture.
4) Enriched clinical education and research
Strive to cultivate high quality healthcare professionals and enrich clinical training for physicians.
Encourage clinical research by medical staff for the benefit of patients and raise the level of medical care.
5) Efficient and sound hospital management
- Patients have the right to enjoy considerate medical care and to have their individuality respected.
- Patients have the right to be well informed about their illnesses and to ask for a second opinion.
- Patients have the right to choose and consent to examinations, treatment, etc.
- Patients have the right to refuse examinations, treatment, etc.
- Patients have the right to ask for every consideration to be taken in protecting their privacy.
Established by: Governor of Aomori Prefecture
Hospital Director: Shigeaki Yoshida
Number of Beds: 705 (including 16 beds for tuberculosis)
Staff: 1,057 persons (including 26 resident practitioners, 13 senior resident practitioners, a total of 145 physicians) (as of February 1, 2010)
2 MRI scanners, 3 CT scanners, 2 Linac systems, afterloading system, cardiac catheterization lab, digital subtraction angiography system, mammography machine, gamma camera, hyperthermia system, dye lasers, cardiopulmonary bypass, neurosurgical microscope, neurosurgical navigation system, digital radiography system, evoked brain & spinal cord potential testing device, electron microscope, semiconductor lasers for photodynamic therapy, hyperbaric chamber, bioclean room, dialysis lab, 3 labor-delivery-recovery suites, etc.
Accredited Quality Hospital by the Japan Council for Quality Health Care.